Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I heart Snuggies

OK, so this is super embarrassing...but I LOVE my Snuggie. Yes, that ridiculous blanket with sleeves you see on late night infomercials. I used to make fun of them like crazy. And then I had my Snuggie revelation: I was sitting on the couch, kids in bed, enjoying my dinner. I was cold. I couldn't have my blanket pulled up high enough to keep me warm, because I needed my hands out to eat. "If only this darned blanket had sleeves!" I mused. I realized a Snuggie, while dorky beyond belief, was a brilliantly wonderful invention for slackers like me who like to eat on the couch under a blanket. I didn't have $20 to buy one, though.


I was visiting my grams a week or so later, and she emerged from her bedroom, tentatively offering me the Snuggie my aunt had bought for her as a gift. My grams is attached to another blanket and didn't particularly care for the Snuggie. She looked a little surprised when my eyes nearly popped out of my head and I started yelling, "God sent me my Snuggie!" over and over.


I don't know why I'm admitting to all of this on my blog, but a closet Snuggie lover no longer am I. Now ya'll know I'm at home, late at night, watching TV and eating my dinner while completely dorked out in a Snuggie!

2 comments:

  1. Dude, Snuggies and Slankets are brilliant! I'm totally going to make some homemade one's for Christmas presents. Did you know they make a Double Snuggie for two people? Still only two sleeves though! How funny is that!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of a "slanket". Homemade snuggies sound like fun times. There's so many fun patterns in fleece at fabric stores now. I was not aware of the double snuggie. That's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete