Thursday, March 5, 2009

I'm Juiced

With colds and flues about, I have been drinking this concoction almost daily, in hopes to evade the inevitable sickness just one day longer. It's been working pretty well. Plus, I think it's quite tasty.

Super Juice

Run through juicer in this order:

Small clove garlic
a good inch or so of peeled ginger
1 small or 1/2 large beet
1/2 to 1 lemon
about 2/3 c baby spinach (Or grown up spinach. Whatever.)
2-4 carrots

If you want it to be extra tasty, run 1/2 an apple through somewhere before the lemon.

Drink away! Don't let it sit around and oxidize. (But you don't have to guzzle it or anything.)

I have an Omega juicer, and it's been very good to me.

PS If I'm drinking this by itself, I chase it with a few nuts or something nice and fatty to enhance absorption of all that beautiful vitamin a. The zinc in the spinach also helps your body assimilate the vitamin a. Hey! And the beets purify your blood and support your liver, and the ginger is great for your circulation...what more could you want from your juice? Plus, with all those antioxidants, you'll be just plain hot. Until you're like, 95 or something.

1 comment: