Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Tiers of Joy!

So, I must share with you my ultimate baking triumph: A 3 tier wedding cake for my nephew Dave and his wife Lisa. I was pretty happy with the way it came out, overall. Goodness, I was just relieved that it didn't collapse on the way from Vancouver to Albany...or start oozing raspberry filling, or look like I was modeling the Leaning Tower of Pisa... Any number of fates could befall such a huge confection! (Especially with a wedding cake virgin in charge!) Sadly the cake is not vegan. Let me tell you, not sampling as you bake is torture -- at least for a confirmed cake lover as myself! It was also difficult for me to use ingredients which I have such a strong aversion to, but it was not my money purchasing the goods. I didn't have too much say in the matter, except that I pleaded at least the eggs and milk be organic. It's worth something. Anyway, family is important, and this was something I could do to be helpful and show my love, though I wish everyone in my family could see how much love and compassion a vegan wedding cake could represent! That aside, here is the cake. (May she rest in peace.)Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. That looks beautiful!!! Good job! You should totally keep at this...I bet you could even find some Vegan clients!

    ReplyDelete