Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Tea Party

Green tea is just the best. Lots has been said lately about all the wonderful benefits of this lovely little sipper. My goal has been trying to drink 2-4 cups a day, and I started out by brewing my cup of love with regular old tea bags. I've always been drawn to the small ritual of brewing loose leaf tea, however, and so I recently purchased a sweet ceramic teapot with an infuser from Huesnbrews. I cannot explain the ridiculous amount of happiness and gratification this chubby little pot gives me. Beyond brewing single leaf teas, I've had so much fun experimenting with the herbs, seeds, and spices I've hunted out from my grocery's bulk bins. My favorite combination so far is crushed rose hips, which are full of vitamin C, and broken cinnamon sticks for tastiness and to support the digestive system. (This simple tea was recommended by Cathe Olson in her excellent book "The Vegetarian Mother's Cookbook". In this book there's a small but nice selection of tea recipes, including directions for your own money-saving homemade pregnancy and nursing teas.) It's just so nice to sit down to my own little pot of tea, especially at bedtime -- such a lovely ritual that cares for both body and soul.blog1

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...I am totally going to get myself one of those! Too cool!

    ReplyDelete